Monday, October 7, 2013

Things I Think About on the Drive Home from Work

I like to keep myself entertained on the drive home from work.  Today the Ice Cube song "It was a Good Day" came on.  As I was singing along I started thinking that there is a generation of kids who would probably be very confused by a few of the lines in the song.  For instance, "The Lakers beat the Supersonics."  I bet they're wondering who the Supersonics are.  I guess it hasn't been that long since they existed, but still, I wonder how many kids are aware of their previous existence.  The other line that I thought might be puzzling is, "My pager's still blowing up."  What's a pager?  Seriously, these kids have grown up in a world where cell phones do everything.  Pagers must seem like the stupidest invention ever.  I bet they wouldn't even know what to do with one.  Although, in all seriousness, any kids who are listening to this song are probably surprised that Ice Cube is a rapper.  They most likely know him as the police captain from the 21 Jump Street movie, which they are probably unaware is a remake of a television show.  Kids these days.  Well, that's just a small glimpse into my head during a typical drive home.  Enjoy a classic Ice Cube video now.


No comments:

Post a Comment