Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I really just wanted to write today

I've had the urge to write all day today, but I haven't been able to settle on an idea.  Nor have I really had the time to flesh anything out.  So here are my thoughts from the day.

First, today is the 25th anniversary of Kirk Gibson's home run in Game 1 of the 1988 World Series.  It is probably one of the most famous home runs of all time.  ESPN.com had some really good articles about it.  One of them interviewed many of the people involved with the game, on both teams.  It was a really great look at everything that went on that night.  The other article was a comedic piece about the search for the home run ball, which apparently has gone missing.  This story utilized many baseball movie references in a film noir style that I thought was really clever and fun to read.  I aspire to write things like that.

Another thought that crossed my mind today was how much I enjoy the music of TLC.  For some reason their music really resonates with me.  I love the messages in their songs and the music is good too.  I'd like to flesh this idea out more in a future post.

Finally, I've started watching reruns of Full House lately.  There's something oddly intoxicating about that show.  I'm still trying to figure out what it is.  I'll just have to keep watching until I do.  Don't judge me.

And just for good measure, here's a haiku to finish things off:

Singing in my car
"Baby we were born to run"
Busting out The Boss!

No comments:

Post a Comment