Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Get your act together, Federal Government!

Ok, I get that the government has differences of opinion when it comes to the budget.  I don't exactly know all the details, but I can appreciate the debate.  What I don't get is this whole, "I'm taking my ball and going home" attitude.  An entire government shutdown, really?  Is that the only solution they could come up with?  And why exactly does the whole government have to shut down to resolve this issue?  Isn't this just Congress' issue?  What really gets me is that all the National Parks are now closed because of the shut down.  Why the hell do the National Parks have to be shut down because Congress is acting like a bunch of babies?!  We are now depriving people of seeing the great beauty and history of our country.  How many field trips were planned to National Parks that had to be cancelled?  How many family vacations have been ruined because they can't fulfill their American dream?  How many foreign tourists came all the way over here only to be disappointed, thus going back home to further bad mouth America?  This isn't good.  This may have been the only chance for some people to see one of the parks.  And now they can't because the government can't work out their differences.  And in an ironic twist, Tuesday, the first day of the shutdown, marked the 123rd anniversary of Yosemite National Park.  Google even celebrated the anniversary on their homepage.  But nobody could actually go to the park and celebrate the milestone.  What a joke.  I have a trip planned to the Grand Canyon next month, so all I can say is, "Get your act together, Federal Government!"

No comments:

Post a Comment