Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Happy Birthday, Christopher Lloyd!

Today is Christopher Lloyd's birthday, so I thought it would be fitting to honor him by remembering some of his most famous and iconic film roles.  He has appeared in many movies, but these are just a few of my favorites.

First up we have the cult classic, Clue.  In it, Lloyd plays Professor Plum.  For those who haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend it.  It's very funny.  Here's a short scene:

Recently, an episode of Psych reunited many of the stars of this movie for a pseudo reunion/homage.  Also very funny.

Another of my favorites was his portrayal of Uncle Fester in The Addams Family movie.  He really ended up being the perfect choice for the role and brought great chemistry and excellent realism to the part.

This next role is one of the most underrated performances in film history in my opinion.  Lloyd's portrayal of Judge Doom in Who Framed Roger Rabbit should go down as one of the greatest villain performances of all time.  He really is perfect in this role, and Judge Doom is one of the most evil characters of all time.  I don't think he gets his due as a bad guy, though, because the movie is viewed as a kid's movie.  It was really groundbreaking, though, and I encourage all of you to give it another watch.  It'll blow you away.

Seriously evil.  And here's a second clip because I like this movie so much.


And finally, Lloyd's most famous role as Doc Brown in the Back to the Future trilogy.  I have argued the Back to the Future may be the perfect trilogy.  And part of that is due to Lloyd's brilliant performance.  We can all quote various lines from the movies and have likely all longed to turn a Delorean into a time machine.  I was fortunate enough to portray Doc Brown on Universal Studios' Sound Effects Stage and it is one of the shining moments in my life.

1.21 gigawatts!!!!  That's the amount of awesome that Christopher Lloyd has brought to our lives.  So Happy Birthday, Christopher Lloyd!!!  And thank you for your amazing film contributions.

No comments:

Post a Comment