Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Weird Things that Make Me Laugh

Today at lunch I was sitting at a table talking to some coworkers and I had my lunchbox on the table.  This is one of those soft, collapsible lunchboxes.  I started moving the lid up and down for no reason in particular and as I looked at it, I saw a mouth.  In my head I could hear my lunchbox talking and I quietly started laughing to myself.  I thought it would be funny to make a video of a talking lunchbox.  When I finally made it back to my office after a few meetings and had a chance to get back to this idea, it had evolved in my head to a singing lunchbox.  It then became a matter of finding the right song to have the lunchbox sing as its introduction.  I settled on "Say My Name" by Destiny's Child.  The video had the song playing in the background as the lunchbox appeared to be singing along.  I thought it was fairly funny.  On the drive home, however, I thought it might be funnier to have the lunchbox appear to be singing along.  So I started thinking about what voice the lunchbox might have.  I envision a gravely, gruff voice.  Then, the more songs I heard on the way home, the more I thought of potential songs for the lunchbox to sing.  So now I have this idea for this singing lunchbox series and already have a running list of songs for it to perform.  And the whole time I'm thinking of this I'm just cracking myself up.  I don't really know why I think it's so funny, but I do, and I'm so excited to film the next episode.  I encourage all of you to give into your own weirdness and don't be afraid to show off the strange things that make you laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment