Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Mystery of the Packrabbit

I accidentally invented a new creature today.  It's called a Packrabbit.  Here's what happened.  I was in the lunch room at work today waiting for my food to cook in the microwave.  We have a very small lunch room and there were a lot of people in there today.  It was getting difficult to maneuver around everyone else and shuffle through whose turn it was in the microwave.  One of my coworkers said something to me that I didn't quite understand.  I was very confused and was trying to figure it out in my head before I just asked her to repeat it.  It turns out she said, "We need more microwaves."  That made a lot more sense than what I heard which was, "We need more packrabbits."  I told the rest of the lunch room about this misunderstanding and it started a hilarious conversation about the mysterious packrabbit.  Ironically, someone else heard the same thing so I'm not totally crazy.  But we decided that the Packrabbit should be our new mascot at work.  That got us talking about what a packrabbit might look like.

Here's what I think.  A packrabbit is a smaller looking rabbit, with ears that don't stick straight up but slant towards his rear.  He has to be able to get in and out of tight places after all.  And he wears a tiny little backpack to hold all his stuff.  Or maybe a fanny pack.  Packrabbits are cool enough to pull off the fanny pack.  I thought about giving him a pouch like a kangaroo, but that felt too much like a kangaroo.  He would be light brown in color and always look like he's smiling.  He might even be wearing sunglasses, but that may be a stretch.  And instead of a puffy tail, packrabbits have a thin tail, but it's still short.  And they have a distinct reddish brown patch of fur on their chest.  Packrabbits need some sort of distinguishable characteristic, other than the backpack or fanny pack of course.  So those are my thoughts on the packrabbit and what it might look like.  What do you think?  Maybe I can actually design a picture one day.

Until then, we'll never really know, and that is the real mystery of the Packrabbit.

2 comments:

  1. That's a great idea Davi! I think I'll just put bunny ears on my daughter and have her wear a backpack.

    ReplyDelete