Sunday, August 11, 2013

If you could only watch one TV show for the rest of your life...

A couple months ago I posed a question to my coworkers.  I asked if they were only able to watch one TV show for the rest of their life, what would it be?  I got a variety of answers.  When thinking about it myself I immediately narrowed it down to two shows: The A-Team and Mythbusters.  The more I think about it, though, the more I think the choice is clear, which is why I chose to write about it now.

I love The A-Team.  I think it's one of the greatest shows ever made and I regularly watch old episodes on DVD.  I love the chemistry between the characters and the creative plot lines.  And no matter how ridiculous the plots may seem, I never have a problem believing what's happening.  That's the sign of a good show.  But there was only five seasons, the last of which, honestly, wasn't very good.

So that brings us to Mythbusters.  The show just entered its tenth season, which means there are a ton of episodes.  And every episode is intellectually stimulating and educational.  When you watch an episode of Mythbusters you learn something.  But it's not just school learning, it's learning about things that people talk about in life, myths that we all have preconceived notions about.  The bull in a china shop episode was one of my favorites because I assumed the bull would go wild and wreck the shop, but they were very nimble in avoiding the shelves.  Totally surprising.  That's one of the reasons I love this show.  Plus, it doesn't matter how many times I may have seen a particular episode, if it's on I will watch it because it is still engaging.  And with ten seasons of episodes chances are it has been awhile since I've seen any particular episode.  For those reasons, I would choose to watch Mythbusters for the rest of your life if I could only watch one TV show.



What are your thoughts?  Do you agree or disagree with my choice?  What show would you choose to watch?  Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment