Sunday, August 25, 2013

Don't take lemons for granted

I've taken a trip to the grocery twice in the past week, once because I was out of food, and the second time because I forgot some necessities on the first trip.  But one item remains on my list after both trips: a lemon.  For some reason Fry's doesn't have any lemons.  I find this shocking.  I just assumed lemons were always in stock.  But maybe it's not lemon season so there's no lemons.  Considering I had a lemon tree in my backyard when I was a kid you would think I would know when lemon season was.  But I have no idea.  So now I'm stuck wondering why Fry's has no lemons while still sitting at home without a lemon.

Where are all the lemons?!

The lack of lemons was not the most shocking revelation of the second trip to the grocery store, however.  When venturing down the pasta aisle I noticed that my favorite brand of pasta, Barilla, was on sale, so I thought I'd stock up.  I bought the usual, penne, mostaccioli, rotini, and then went to grab a box of linguini to have on hand when I want linguini and clams.  But there was no linguini.  And it wasn't just because they were out of stock.  They just didn't have any linguini!  Then I looked to see if there were other brands of linguini on sale.  But there was no linguini anywhere on the shelves!  I know there's no such thing as linguini season.  Stores should have it year round.  I can't even begin to express my shock that Fry's had none.  And of course while looking I really got the idea of linguini and clams in my head and kind of want it now.  So on a side note I've decided that the only thing I want for my birthday is linguini and clams.  If anybody is thinking of taking me out for my birthday now you know what I want.


So I hope this post teaches you not to take for granted those things that you might expect to always find at the grocery store.  In the meantime, if anyone can tell me where to get lemons or linguini I would appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment