Tuesday, August 6, 2013

My Love Monologue

As I was driving into work today the song "What the World Needs Now is Love" started playing.  It got me thinking how true that message is and suddenly I was forming this monologue in my head using song titles with the word 'love' in the title.  So when I got to work I challenged myself to really write one and I set a goal of using 50 songs in the whole piece.  While there is no shortage of 'love' songs, it was still tough to make it flow and carry meaning.  But I actually really like the final product.  I hope you do too!  Try to see how many of the songs you recognize!


What the world needs now is love, sweet love.  Seriously, where is the love?  Love is all you need.  Love will keep us together.  Love is a many splendored thing.  But what is love?  I want to know what love is.  Is this love?  Can I find love in an elevator?  I hear love is like an itching in my heart.  Or is love like a heat wave?  Will I ever find the love of a lifetime?  Love takes time.  You can’t buy me love.  Everybody loves somebody sometime.  But love is a battlefield.  You can’t hurry love.  So what is this crazy little thing called love?  Show me love.  Do I need a love potion #9?  Or will you jump for my love?  Love is a long road.  But we all need a little unconditional love.  Some may say love is blind.  Or love bites.  But I know what love can do.  Love brings change.  So can you feel the love tonight?  If not, spread your love.  Everybody wants to be loved.  You don’t need a love shack.  That’s the power of love.  Love spreads.  So share the love.  Because sharing is the greatest love of all.  We need to drop a love bomb.  That way everyone can have a vision of love.  Let’s have a love party.  Love and happiness is all we need.  We can have a love revolution.  Love will save the day.  We could all use a few more lovely daze.  So stop in the name of love and start making the world a better place.  Without love there is nothing.  So let’s fill the world with endless love.  Let’s let love rule.  It’s time to stand up for love.  It’s time to believe in love.  And put a little love in your heart.  And if you ever get discouraged, just remember, I will always love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment