Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Halfway There!

Last night's post was my 50th of the year, which is halfway to my goal of 100 for the year.  Technically I should have hit this mark about a month and a half ago to be on pace, but it's still a milestone.  To celebrate I'm going to write a post full of completely random thoughts, starting with a haiku.

I am halfway there
I need to pick up the pace
Gotta finish strong!

The other day I saw a sign for a lost tortoise.  I thought it was odd.  I mean, who loses a tortoise?!  And how does one lose a tortoise?  How far away could it really get?  Were they gone for a month giving it a big enough head start?  And even if they were it's not like the tortoise is hopping the fence.  So where was it that it got out?  Way too many unanswered questions resulting from one random sign.

Don't you hate when you're in between belt holes?  You know, when it's too tight to use one hole, but too loose on the next one?  I always opt for the looser one because I'd rather be comfortable, but it's still awkward.

It was raining lightly on my drive home tonight and my iPod decided to randomly play two rain related songs on the way home.  First, it gave me a little "November Rain" by Guns 'n Roses and then "The Rain" by Oran 'Juice' Jones.  Sometimes I think my iPod likes to mess with me.

Random haikus rule
Like kangaroos on ice skates
I like gummi bears

Well, I hope you liked my random halfway there post.  I've got four and a half months to write another fifty, so let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment