Thursday, August 22, 2013

My Review of Sharknado

I finally had the pleasure of watching Sharknado tonight, and it was everything I hoped it would be.  Going into it I knew it was going to be really cheesy and poorly made.  But the idea of a tornado full of sharks was just too funny to pass up.  And the movie delivers from beginning to end.  The dialogue is corny, full of bad puns and references to other shark and tornado movies, and completely juvenile.  But this is movie about a sharknado, so it fits.  The plot makes no sense whatsoever and the timeline of events in the movie doesn't seem plausible at all.  But, again, sharknado.  And finally, the main characters, a retired surfing legend and his family, a barmaid, and an Australian guy, are somehow blessed with superhero qualities and the only ones in all of LA worthy enough to fight the storm and the sharks.  The entire time I was watching I couldn't help but think to myself, "who thinks this stuff up?!"  But I didn't want to turn it off either.  There were some moments that were just so laughable, like the final scene, that you couldn't help but love it.  This was not a good movie by any stretch of the imagination, but it was a fun way to kill a couple hours.  The premise is so ridiculous that it actually makes it enjoyable.  If you're looking for a good laugh and you can take things with a grain of salt, then I highly recommend Sharknado.  It was as entertaining a made-for-TV movie as I've ever seen.


No comments:

Post a Comment