Tuesday, December 17, 2013

TV Characters Who I'm Most Like

As I watch a variety of TV shows I start to notice some similarities between myself and a few of the characters in the shows I watch.  I'd like to stress that I don't think these characters are exactly like me or that I'm exactly like them, but there are some characteristics that we share.  For those of you who know me well, you may agree or disagree with my view of myself.  For those who don't know me well, you may learn something, good or bad, about me.  So I present to you my list.

Chandler Bing - Friends
There are many similarities between me and Chandler.  First, we both make jokes when we're uncomfortable.  I don't know what it is, but it's just easier to give a sarcastic comment or crack a joke in uncomfortable situations.  Second, we both have difficulty talking to women.  There were many times on the show when Chandler fumbled with his words when talking to women or had issues trying to flirt.  That's pretty much my life.  Although he ended up marrying a hot chick.  Based on recent events I don't see that in my future.  But here is a video of Chandler moments.  See if you can picture me in any of those situations.

Jerry Seinfeld - Seinfeld
In high school people used to joke that my best friend and I were like George and Jerry from Seinfeld.  Not much has changed since then.  Much like Jerry, I'm very observant of things around me and like to point out and idiosyncrasies.  Also, I have a lot of cereal in my house.  And I've been known to make up nicknames for people.  These aren't all Jerry quotes in this clip, but see if you can see me in the ones that are.

Sheldon Cooper - Big Bang Theory
There are multiple reasons I think I'm like Sheldon.  First, we both love trains.  One of my goals in life is to ride a train across country, as well as take various other train rides around the world.  I don't collect trains like he does, but I love to ride trains.  It's so much fun.  Another reason is that back in college I had a routine for my lunches.  Each day of the week I had a specific thing to eat for lunch.  For example, Wednesdays were ham and cheese sandwich day and Sundays were frozen burrito days.  Finally, I know a lot of useless facts much like Sheldon.  Unlike Sheldon, however, I don't subject my friends to long stories surrounding those facts.  At least I don't think I do.  I like to think I just spew out the fact and then I'm done with it.  (All the Sheldon videos on YouTube are really long, so I don't want to subject you to those, but if you watch the show, see if you can picture me in it.)

Shawn Spencer - Psych
The main and only reason I think I'm like Shawn is because he makes obscure references to 80s and 90s pop culture.  Those of you who have spent any time with me know that I do that a lot.  In fact, at the camp I volunteer at some of the other counselors last summer kept a tally for how many references I made that people didn't get.


Well those are the characters that stand out to me as being most similar in at least one fashion to myself.  What do you think?  Am I really like any of them or is it just in my head?

No comments:

Post a Comment