Sunday, December 1, 2013

I'm Having Fun and I Don't Care What You Think!

I've decided recently that I am going to do things that are I think are fun despite what people may think of me.  Now, I know what you're thinking, I've always done that.  But I've really held a lot back because I was afraid of what people might think.  I've always been a quirky guy.  I know a wealth of useless information.  I love reading interesting online articles on a variety of subjects from history to science to current events.  I collect pins.  I want to bring back the woolly mammoth.  I love going to museums and zoos and even libraries.  I know at least a dozen different versions of solitaire.  The list goes on.  And for much of my life I've let the weird looks and eye rolls hold me back.  But no more!  I just need to do more things that are fun and make me smile.  And if other people don't get it or want to judge me, then that's their problem.  I want people to like me because of my quirks, not in spite of them.

So all those articles and videos that I've held back sharing before, will now be shared.  That's why I actually started making the singing lunchbox videos instead of letting the idea die in my head.  (If you don't know what those are, try following me on Instagram, and look for them to make their Facebook debut soon.)  And this is why I'm deciding to make all my Facebook posts for the next month song lyrics.  I just think it will be fun to do.  And next month I think I might do movie quotes.  As an extra added twist I plan on inviting people to guess the song and movie that the quotes come from, just to try to spread the fun.  I honestly don't expect many people to participate, if any do at all.  I have also decided to start on ongoing game of License Plate Bingo.  I want to see how long it takes me to find all fifty states.  Anyone who would like to join me in this game and make it a competition, let me know.  I know it sounds silly, but it also sounds fun.

And that's what I'm all about right now, having fun.  I need to make myself smile more, and the only way I know how to do that is by being my quirky self.  I hope that some of you will appreciate that, but can understand if you don't.  And feel free to join me in some of my wackiness and play along with some of my games if you so desire.  And if you think anything I'm doing is silly or stupid, you're probably right, but I don't care because I'm doing it because it makes me smile.  Hopefully it will make a few of you smile as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment