Monday, September 23, 2013

They're Baaaaaaackkkkkk!

It's that time of year again, the time every Arizonan dreads.  That's right, the snowbirds are descending upon us again.  I first noticed it this weekend when I couldn't figure out why everyone on the road seemed to forget how to drive.  Then a friend reminded me that they were back.  And sure enough, that explained it.  They come down every winter, clogging up our roads, abusing the turn signal, and misunderstanding normal speed limits.  Even though it happens every year, you never get used to it.  But what's even more disheartening is that my dad is one of them. :(

Recently I was driving with my dad, and I actually feared for my life.  For starters, he cannot carry on a conversation and drive at the same time.  He will miss his turns, veer into other lanes, and forget to brake.  And don't even get me started on his speed regulation, or should I say lack thereof.  Sometimes I'm not even sure he is fully aware that there are other cars on the road.  It's scary.  And, of course, like every other snowbird driver, he keeps his turn signals on for miles.  That's right, keep those other cars guessing as to when you might actually turn or change lanes.

What this means for me and the other good drivers in Tucson, if any of those actually exist, is that we have to be extra careful on the road.  So watch out Tucsonans, they're baaaaaaaaaaaackkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment