Monday, March 9, 2015

Greatest Disney Movie Bracket Round 1 Part 4

Voting in Round 1 of the Beauty and the Beast region was surprising in the fact that all the matchups that I thought were going to be close were blowouts.  In fact, all the matchups were blowouts except one.  Dinosaur jumped out to an early 3-0 lead, but The Emperor's New Groove came back to win 4-3.  I was hoping for more than seven votes, but that's all we have to work with.  There's not much else to say about the other matchups.  I'm a little surprised that The Aristocats thoroughly dominated Bolt, but perhaps I overestimated the popularity of Bolt.  But let's take a look at what the bracket looks like now.



And now we head into the final region of voting in Round 1.  I could see some upsets in this region.  In fact, there are at least three lower seeds that I will be voting for, and I think others might as well.  First, I love Oliver and Company.  I remember watching that movie all the time as a kid and I think it is much better than Tarzan.  However, I wonder how many other people love that movie like I do.  I think Winnie the Pooh vs A Goofy Movie is an intriguing matchup as well.  There's a lot of cult love for both of those films, so it will be interesting to see which movie's fans show up to vote.  The other matchup that will be one to watch is Big Hero 6 vs Hunchback of Notre Dame.  Hunchback is not a very good movie, but Big Hero 6 is really new, so many people may not have seen it yet.  We'll see how that shapes up.  I think the higher seeds should win the other matchups, but I will say I am not of fan of Lilo and Stitch, so if that lost I wouldn't be heartbroken.  I don't think many people remember Ichabod and Mr. Toad, though.  Either way, I'm really excited to see how the voting goes in this region!


Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey , the world's leading questionnaire tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment