Sunday, March 29, 2015

Greatest Disney Animated Movie Final Four!

The Final Four is set!  And just like I thought it's an all 90s-era field.  Granted, all of the movies that made the Final Four are really good and there's a reason they were all high seeds, but I still thought one of them might go down before this point.  There were some close calls, but not close enough.  And none of the Elite Eight results were particularly close.  I do think that the voting results have a lot to do with the demographics of the voters as well.  Most of my friends who likely voted are around my age and we all have an affinity for those movies from our childhood.  So it's not too surprising that the Final Four is comprised of movies from the five year range 1989-1994.  Here's how the bracket shapes up now.



As for the two semifinal matchups, here are my thoughts.  In the first matchup Aladdin goes up against The Lion King.  From the beginning, The Lion King has been the odds on favorite to win the whole tournament.  And of these four movies I think Aladdin is the least admired, which isn't to say it isn't beloved, but I don't hear people gush over Aladdin like the other three participants.  For that reason I think The Lion King advances easily.

The second matchup should be a little closer.  Beauty and the Beast is heralded as one of the best animated movies of all time.  It's blowout win against Cinderella showed that when it comes to princess movies, it is the clear number one.  The songs are memorable, the animation is beautiful, and the story is timeless.  It should be the favorite to advance.  But The Little Mermaid is the movie that resurrected the Disney brand.  After a down period in the 80s, The Little Mermaid was released and restored Disney's crown as the top dog.  And a lot of people love and cherish that movie, myself included.  It is one of my all time favorites.  The songs are equally memorable from this movie, and the story is wonderful.  Not to mention it has one of the best villains of all time.  I could honestly see either of these two movies winning.  So let's find out who will!


Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey , the world's leading questionnaire tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment