Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Greatest Disney Animated Movie Round 2 Part 2

Well, it was bound to happen eventually.  We have a tie.  In fact, we have two ties!  You may be wondering what the procedure is for breaking a tie.  It's a very sophisticated process.  Since this is my bracket, whoever I voted for, wins.  That may not seem very fair to you, but if you don't like it, then make your own bracket.  But let's cut the suspense and get to the winners.

The first tie was between the 4 and 5 seeds in the Lion King Region, 101 Dalmatians and Mulan.  I knew this would be a close matchup, and sure enough it was.  While I did enjoy Mulan, my vote was for 101 Dalmatians.  The dogs are cute, the villain is iconic, and it even inspired a live action remake.  It deserves to move on.

The second tied matchup was much more of a surprise.  The 2 seed Frozen ended up tied with 7 seed Dumbo.  I really thought the immense popularity of Frozen would carry it through this matchup easily.  While Dumbo is an iconic movie, I wasn't sure how many people really like it enough to get it to the Sweet Sixteen.  Apparently, more than I thought.  And because my vote went to Dumbo, it advances.  Now there might be some serious Frozen overkill that led to this vote as well.  Personally, I enjoyed the movie and I think Princess Anna is adorable, but story wise I found it very lacking.  With that said, I'm still very surprised that it went out this early.

The other matchups in the Lion King region were fairly predictable.  The Lion King cruised to a victory over Pocahontas, and The Jungle Book held off an early surge by The Fox and the Hound to advance.  All the top seeds in the Aladdin region advanced as well.  Early voting results looked like Alice in Wonderland and Wreck-it Ralph might have a chance to pull the upset, but Peter Pan and Pinocchio, respectively, eventually pulled away.

Here's what the current bracket looks like.


Moving on to the next two regions, there are some very intriguing matchups.  In the Beauty and the Beast region, I think Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella will advance easily.  But the 4-5 and 3-6 matchups could be very close.  Can my favorite, Robin Hood, upset everyone's favorite animal love story, Lady and the Tramp?  I foresee a close vote there.  And I really don't know what to make of Hercules' chances.  I didn't like that movie, but the more I talk to people, the more I hear how much people like it.  Bambi might be in trouble.

The Snow White region features the only double digit seeds remaining.  I don't believe Hunchback has the chops to take down Sleeping Beauty, but Oliver and Company showed me something in the first round.  I think Oliver and Company has a decent chance to beat Tangled and be the only double digit seed in the Sweet Sixteen.  Of course, I also wouldn't be surprised if Tangled runs away with the vote.  I don't foresee Snow White or Little Mermaid having any trouble advancing.  But let's find out.  Proceed to the voting!


Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey , the world's leading questionnaire tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment