Sunday, April 20, 2014

Another Random Stream of Consciousness Post

These are just a few random things that passed through my head this weekend.  Many of them seem to be religiously influenced, but it was Easter weekend, so I'll blame it on that.

First, I was watching an episode of Macgyver and in the episode he was attending his godson's Bar Mitzvah.  This may be completely ignorant of me, but I wasn't aware that Jewish kids had godparents.  That seems like a Christian thing to me, but maybe it's not.  On a side note, I thought Macgyver would make an awesome godfather.  In the same episode one of the scenes looked like it was filmed on the Universal Studios backlot, so I decided to look up online whether any episodes of Macgyver were filmed there and sure enough they were!  I was proud of myself for recognizing that.  Although, maybe it's a little weird that I can recognize parts of the backlot.  But I used to work there so it's OK.  Plus, I love the tram tour, or at least I did when I was younger.  The last time I was there they updated it and took out all the stories I used to love as a kid.  I think I may have written a post about that a while back.  Well that was my Saturday night.  Don't judge.

Today at Easter mass I noticed all the stained glass windows.  Then I started thinking about the scene in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade where Indy sees the clues in the stained glass at the church in Venice.  I started to wonder if any of these windows had clues to an ancient treasure or artifact.  I'm not sure what that would be or why anyone would come to Tucson looking for it, but you never know.

Finally, I saw a commercial for one of those websites that buy your old cell phones, and the guy on the commercial had a really big mouth.  It was like 2/3 of his face.  It seemed really unnatural.  I started wondering if it was uncomfortable for him or if he even realizes he has an abnormally large mouth.  Seriously, if you painted him orange he could have been a jack-o-lantern.  That was mean.  I'm sorry, but it bothered me.

OK, I'll stop for now.  I could talk about my weird dream, but I'm still a little disturbed by it.  Let's just say it involved cereal, Paul Revere, Joe DiMaggio, Walgreen's, and Disneyland.  Try and top that.  Although, I have dreamed about Disneyland two nights in a row.  The first dream was awesome.  Last night's not so much.  OK, now I'm really done.

No comments:

Post a Comment