Sunday, April 13, 2014

My Guilty Pleasures - TV Shows

My last post was about my movie guilty pleasures.  Well, there are some TV shows that could be considered guilty pleasures of mine as well.  Once again, these are shows that society thinks shouldn't be on my favorites list.  I'm not personally ashamed of liking them.  I understand people might give me funny looks, but I don't really care.  This list isn't as long as my movie list, so here goes.

Beverly Hills, 90210
This show ran for the entire decade of the 90s.  For those who know me well, you know how much I love the 90s.  Following a group of kids from the most famous zip code in the world, we see them through high school, college, and the real world.  From first love to heartbreak, dream jobs to pitfalls, and all the way to David and Donna finally giving in to what we all knew from the beginning, that they were meant for each other.  I totally got sucked in to the lives of Brandon, Steve, Kelly, Dylan, etc.  I still find myself watching random episodes on the Soap Network when I come across them.  Plus the theme song was great.  Here's a clip of some memorable moments.

Melrose Place
This was actually a spin off of 90210.  And it was awesome!  If you like shows where everybody sleeps with each other, stuff blows up, and people are always lying, cheating, and stealing, then this was the show for you.  It was seductive and trashy and wonderfully addicting.  Even the title of this clip says guilty pleasure.

Dawson's Creek
I think most people my age got hooked on this show, but they might not admit it.  It wasn't that great, but we all wanted to know what was going to happen next with Dawson, Joey, Pacey, Jen, etc.  I would actually go back and watch the entire series again if it re-aired.  Plus, I had a bit of a crush on Katie Holmes back then.

Baywatch
OK, is it any surprise that this is on my list?  It's probably on every male's list.  It's a show about lifeguards!  Running on a beach!  Genius!  And it features one of the most underrated theme songs of all time.

Once Upon a Time
I actually get a lot of grief from people for liking this show.  I'm not sure why though.  It's really good, and I'm a huge Disney freak, so it makes sense.  Personally, I don't think this show should have to be on my list, but I wanted to mention it anyway.

Well, I hope you enjoyed my list.  Feel free to share yours as well.  I will conclude my guilty pleasures series this week with music.

No comments:

Post a Comment