Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Bracket of Awesome Revealed!

Here is the moment you've all been waiting for, the revelation of the Bracket of Awesome!  The bracket includes 32 things (toys, places, people, shows, food, actions, etc.) that I think are awesome and that help make the world we live in awesome.  Seeding was based purely on my own personal preference.  Therefore, the 1-seeds are some of my favorite things (Disneyland, Grand Canyon, In-n-Out, Root Beer).  But really, it's hard to put a ranking on awesomeness.  Any of the "teams" could win it all.  If you think about it, it's kind of like this year's NCAA tournament, wide open.  The NCAA tournament, by the way, didn't make the final cut, despite how awesome it is.  I'm sure there are many other awesome things out there that I could have put on, but that just means there's room to do another bracket later on.  So without further ado, here is the bracket!


I hope you like the picks.  Here's how the bracket will work:
Each day of the NCAA tournament I will reveal my selections for a portion of the bracket.  So Thursday, I will post the winners from the first round of the Root Beer bracket, Friday from the Grand Canyon bracket, and so on.  By the end of the weekend, we will be down to 16 teams.  And then we will follow the progression of the NCAA's until a champion of awesomeness is crowned.  In each subsequent post, I will also explain the reasoning for each item's inclusion and do a full breakdown of each matchup.  So relish in the  awesomivity (yes, I know I made up a word) of it all and feel free to comment with your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment