Monday, February 10, 2014

If Mr. Rogers Met Katy Perry...

This post is a mini trip through my work day today.  First, for those of you who are unfamiliar with "winter" in Arizona, let me just say that the nights can get very cold, dipping into the 30s, with days getting up into the 70s, and lately, the 80s.

So today when I drove to work in the morning it was cold, at least for me, so I wore a jacket and beanie (I have no hair so I have to keep my head warm).  Upon getting to my office, the lobby was quite warm, as was the hallway outside my office.  But then I went into my office and it was its typical ice box self.  I stayed in my jacket for a while, but I had a meeting to go to.  Still being cold and knowing that the meeting spaces in our building are typically cold, I took off my jacket and put on another jacket that is slightly easier to maneuver in while sitting at a desk.  This is the Mr. Rogers portion of the day.  I pretty much do this every day in the winter.

Going to my meeting, it was a little cool at first, but it progressively got warmer as the meeting went on.  Eventually it got to the point where I had to pull up the sleeves on my jacket.  Then I went back to my office, took off the jacket because I was warm and within a few minutes got cold again because, like I said, my office is an ice box.  This is the Katy Perry portion of the day because it's hot and it's cold.  This is also a failed attempt at me trying to be hip and make a reference to something relatively recent.

Anyway, all I kept thinking about all day was if Mr. Rogers met Katy Perry.  And that was the inspiration for this post, which really only talks about my hypothetical self versions interacting during an uneventful day at work.  I hope you're not too disappointed to the point where you stop reading my posts.  Seriously, I'm funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment