Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I hear dead people, or UFOs, or strange sounds that my house makes at night

I typically fall asleep while watching TV.  I know they say you're not supposed to do that, but that's beside the point.  I set the sleep timer so the TV doesn't stay on all night and wake me up later.  Well last night I had a hard time falling asleep and the TV turned off before I fell asleep.  So I was laying in bed in complete silence.  And that's when I heard it.  What is it, you ask?  I have no idea!  My first thought was honestly that it was a UFO.  Why did I think it was a UFO?  Well, it sounded like UFOs sound in movies.  Then I realized that we don't really know what UFOs sound like.  Movie sound engineers just make up sounds based on what plays well in the film.  And we have just accepted that because, well, there's nothing real to base it on (I'm not saying UFOs don't exist, I'm just saying the general public doesn't hear them on a regular basis to know what they sound like.).  So whatever was making the sound in my house could have been the inspiration for some movie sound effects guy, and he just recorded that and put it in the movie.

Now, remember, all of this was going through my head as I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep.  So once I got past the UFO discussion with myself, I got a little Sixth Sense inspiration and whispered to myself, "I hear dead people."  I'm not gonna lie, that scared me a little.  So then I just decided that my house makes these sounds regularly, but I just don't hear them because I have the TV on.  What if the house was trying to tell me something?  I should probably listen to him more often.  How many of you listen to your house?  And now this post has officially jumped the shark, so I'll end it with this.  I heard some weird sounds and I don't really know what it was, and now I'm sharing that with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment