Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Why Being an Adult Sucks: Reason #192

When you're a kid all you want to do is grow up.  It seems so cool and glamorous.  And then when you're an adult all you want is to be a kid again.  And with good reason.  You take for granted all the cool aspects of being a kid.  But today's post is only focusing on one reason why being an adult sucks: appliance repair.

Most of us probably grew up in a house of some sort, with a variety of different appliances.  Everything always seemed to work, and when it didn't, it got fixed and you didn't think twice about it.  Well, someone had to take care of fixing it.  Or paying to get it fixed.  Recently, my refrigerator started running really cold, like 25 degrees.  I'm no expert but I know that's a lot colder than the recommended temperature of 37 degrees.  So I called to get a serviceman to look at it.  He came and claimed to fix the issue.  Nope.  I had to complain and get him to come back and look at it again.  Now, he has to order a part and come back again to install it.  Which means I have to take more time off work.

These are things they don't tell you about being an adult.  First, you have to pay for these things when they come up, especially when you own a house.  And then you have to make time to get them taken care of.  I thought I was being smart by scheduling the first appointment when I was off work.  I didn't realize there would be two additional appointments to follow.  Life was so much simpler as a kid.  I wish I could go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment