Wednesday, November 27, 2013

My Thanksgiving Playlist

As I was driving home from work today I started thinking that there aren't really any Thanksgiving songs, at least none that I'm aware of.  So I thought it would be fun to put together a Thanksgiving playlist based on the songs on my iPod.  I didn't really put the songs on here based on their content.  I really just looked at the title.  So in all reality many of these songs have no relevance to Thanksgiving other than a title.  So here's my list:

"Be Our Guest" - Beauty and the Beast soundtrack
This one seems the most fitting for obvious reasons.

"Hungry Eyes" - Eric Carmen
Seeing all the food definitely gives me hungry eyes.

"Sweet Potato Pie" - Domino
This song really isn't about pie.

"Flava in Ya Ear" - Craig Mack
I prefer the flavor to be in my mouth, but still.

"November Rain" - Guns N Roses
Thanksgiving is in November after all, and sometimes it rains.

"Holiday" - Madonna
What?  It's a holiday!

"Honey" - Mariah Carey
Honey seems like an appropriate Thanksgiving Day food.

"Hungry Heart" - Bruce Springsteen
Much like having hungry eyes, when you love the food you get a hungry heart too.

"Hunger Strike" - Temple of the Dog
Hopefully, you're not on one during Thanksgiving.

"I Want it All" - Warren G
All the food, that is!

"Peaches and Cream" - 112
This sounds like a good dessert.

"Juicy" - Notorious BIG
The turkey is juicy!

Again, these are just songs that I pulled from my iPod.  I'm sure there are more fitting ones, so feel free to share what songs you think should be included.

No comments:

Post a Comment