Saturday, March 31, 2018

Best Comic Book Movie Bracket Round 2 Part 1

On to Round 2!!!  Here's where the decisions start getting tough.  For the first part of Round 2 we are looking at The Dark Knight Region and The Avengers Region.  You can scroll down for some analysis and predictions, but let's get right to the voting!!


Create your own user feedback survey

Let's take a closer look at each of the matchups in these two regions.

The Dark Knight Region
1 The Dark Knight vs 8 Ant-Man
Congratulations to Ant-Man for making it two Round 2!!  That's as far as it is going to get.  The Dark Knight is too good to lose to a tiny superhero.

4 Avengers: Age of Ultron vs 5 Superman
This should be an interesting matchup.  Superman was the first superhero blockbuster and is well liked by many.  The second Avengers movie was an action-packed thrill ride that introduced new characters.  I think this could be close, but Avengers probably wins.

2 Deadpool vs Iron Man 2
I know a lot of people loved Deadpool, but I'm not one of them.  I just thought it was ok.  Iron Man 2 might not be the best MCU movie to take it down, but I think it has a shot.

3 Spiderman 2 vs 6 X2: X-Men United
This is a really intriguing matchup between two sequels that are highly regarded within their respective franchises.  I think the power of Doctor Octopus leads Spiderman 2 to a win.

The Avengers Region
1 The Avengers vs 9 Thor: The Dark World
Our first MCU vs MCU matchup.  As much as I like the Thor movies, The Avengers is too powerful in this matchup.

4 X-Men: Days of Future Past vs 5 Spiderman
Here we have another X-Men vs Spiderman matchup.  The original Spiderman was a lot of fun, but Days of Future Past was quite possibly the best of the X-Men movies.  I think X-Men prevails in this one.

2 Wonder Woman vs 10 Captain America
I thought Captain America would have a tough time in its first matchup, but it advanced easily.  I don't think things will be so easy in this round.  Wonder Woman was a fantastic movie and I think it has a good shot to make it to the Final Four.

3 Thor: Ragnarok vs 6 Doctor Strange
We have another all MCU matchup in this one, and I think it could be a little close.  I was not a huge fan of Doctor Strange, but will admit that it was visually stunning.  The third Thor was universally acclaimed, hence the high seed.  I'll be interested to see how this plays out.



For those who want to see what the bracket looks like now, here it is.  I'm looking forward to seeing how this continues to play out!






No comments:

Post a Comment