Friday, March 23, 2018

Best Comic Book Movie Bracket Round 1 The Dark Knight Rises Region


We are halfway through the first round!  And now it’s time to move on to voting in our third region led by the top seed, The Dark Knight Rises.  So far, Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy has two number one seeds, which is very impressive.  But there are quite a few interesting matchups in this region.  So vote below and then keep reading for thoughts on the matchups and a recap of The Avengers region.


Create your own user feedback survey

Here are my thoughts on the matchups in this region, which features a stacked bottom half of the bracket.  This might be the toughest bracket, as I can see 4-5 films with the potential to reach the Final Four. 



1 The Dark Knight Rises vs 16 Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
So far all the top seeds have rolled to shutout victories.  I don’t see this one being any different, especially since most people didn’t even know they made a sequel to Ghost Rider.

8 Batman Returns vs 9 Thor
Personally, I loved the first Thor, and not just because Natalie Portman was in it.  But I also know that the Tim Burton Batman movies have a large cult following.  I think this one could be very close.

4 Captain America: Winter Soldier vs 13 Fantastic Four (2005)
The first Fantastic Four movie was fun, and underrated in my opinion.  But I’m probably the only person who thinks that.  Cap will likely roll in this one.

5 Iron Man 3 vs 12 X-Men: Apocalypse
Both of these movies were disappointments in their franchise.  The third Iron Man was confusing and long, while Apocalypse tried to be too big for its own good.  Iron Man 3 will probably win because people love Marvel, but maybe this is a chance for X-Men to pull an upset.

3 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 vs 14 Daredevil
Daredevil is the movie that made people hate Ben Affleck.  I’ll be surprised if it gets any votes.  Guardians 2, while not as good as the first, is still way too good to lose here.

6 Batman vs 11 The Wolverine
Tim Burton’s original Batman really set the early standard for comic book movies and many people hold a soft spot for it.  I could see it as a dark horse Final Four contender.  Which is really too bad for The Wolverine because that was a good movie.

7 X-Men: First Class vs 10 Justice League
I was a little shocked to see First Class get such an average seed.  I thought it was a great movie and a wonderful continuation of the X-Men series.  Fortunately, I don’t see it having any issues getting past Justice League which is widely regarded as a disappointment.

2 Captain America: Civil War vs 15 Superman III
Civil War was a non-stop thrill ride, and I was a little surprised that it didn’t end up as a number one seed.  I think it has Final Four potential, but has to get through a really tough half of the bracket to do it.  Getting by Superman III shouldn’t be an issue, though.

And here is a look at what the bracket looks like after the last round of voting.  As you can see, all the films that advanced did so by wide margins.  Once again the two top seeds won in shutouts, but the closest matchup we had was an 8-3 win by Thor: The Dark World over Man of Steel.  I thought that matchup would be closer, but I guess it shows the gap between the MCU and DCEU.  The only other upset seed wise was Captain America over The Amazing Spiderman, but I wouldn’t necessarily call that an upset.  Nevertheless, the second round sets up for some more intriguing, and hopefully closer, matchups.


No comments:

Post a Comment