Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Top 5 Hip Hop Trios of All Time

Recently I had the urge to listen to some De La Soul.  I forgot how good their album, 3 Feet High and Rising, is.  As I was listening it got me thinking about the greatest hip trios of all time.  So here is my top 5.

5. De La Soul
Yes, the group that got me thinking about the topic makes it at number five.  They're good, and I feel like they are very underrated.  But I'm a fan and you should be too.


4. Naughty by Nature
Treach might be one of the smoothest rappers of all time.  And Naughty perfected the party anthem with hits like O.P.P. and Hip Hop Hooray.  Even some of their lesser known songs are really good.


3. Public Enemy
I've had the privilege of seeing Public Enemy in concert and they are phenomenal!  They are hip hop royalty. Enough said.


2. Beastie Boys
The Beastie Boys helped bridge the hip hop and pop gap.  They appealed to a wide audience and have a unique sound that has withstood the test of time.  Plus they made one of the greatest music videos of all time.


1. Run DMC
Seriously, did you think anyone else would be in this spot?  They are the godfathers of rap.  And anyone from my generation knows the response when asked, "Who's house?"  Admit it, you just shouted out, "Ruuuuun's house!"


I've included videos for some of the lesser known songs by these groups so you can appreciate a wider range of their greatness.  But feel free to share your opinion on the topic and let me know if you agree or disagree with my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment