Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Most Quotable Movie Quote Bracket - Round 2

 



Round 1 is in the books and it is time to move on to Round 2 where the choices get even tougher.  But first, a few observations from Round 1.  In a bracket full of popular movie quotes, there were only 3 double digit seeds to advance.  So clearly I did an excellent job seeding the tournament.  Although one of those higher seeds took out one of my favorites from Field of Dreams.  This is the second time that Field of Dreams has made an early exit in one of my brackets.  I’m beginning to think other people don’t revere that movie like I do.  That’s not to say there weren’t some close matchups, as we had two matches decided by one vote.  There were also five matches decided by over 30 votes, so the pendulum swings both ways.  Another thing that stood out to me is that quotes from newer movies, those released in 2000 or later, did relatively poorly.  Out of 11 quotes from 2000s movies, only 2 advanced, from Finding Nemo and Anchorman.  I thought recency bias might play a role, but clearly I was wrong.  It will be interesting to see how things continue to play out as the field narrows.


With that said, let’s get to the voting!  


No comments:

Post a Comment