Monday, March 8, 2021

40 Years of Movies - Round 2

 


Round 1 in the 40 Years of Movies bracket is complete!  There were a few surprises in the first round as seven double digit seeds advanced.  Since all of these movies are my favorites, it hurts to see any of them go, but there were definitely some shockers in my opinion.  The Office Space vs Sandlot matchup was the closest result and the one that most people told me they had the hardest time choosing.  I have to agree that this was the toughest choice in the first round and I was sad to see Office Space go so early.  The other movie that I was saddest to see get knocked out was Tron.  But I have to remind myself that eventually all but one of these movies are going to lose.

So as we look toward the second round, the matchups get even tougher.  There’s a 14 seed looking for another upset, proving that "Number Five is alive!"  We have an all alien invasion matchup as Avengers: Infinity War takes on Independence Day, and two each of Star Wars, Avengers, and Jurassic Park movies.  The 80s and 90s films have dominated so far with 21 of the 32 remaining movies.  It will be interesting to see if that trend continues moving forward.  So let’s get right to it.  Time to vote for your favorites to advance to the next round!



No comments:

Post a Comment