1. "Forrrrrreeeeeeevvvvvvvvveeeeeerrrrrrrr" - Every time I hear the word 'forever' I can't help but quote The Sandlot. And usually when I do, countless others around follow suit in a chorus of 'forevers". For those of you who may be lost, watch here:
2. "Power" - This one is a little more obscure. When I hear the word power I immediately think of Griff Tannen chasing Marty McFly in the future in Back to the Future II. Like I said, obscure. But watch:
3. "Paper Jam" - I know there are multiple people who know this one. Office Space is a cult classic, one that everyone who has a job, whether in an office or not, can relate to. And the dealings with the printer make for an easily repeatable movie line.
4. "What did you do?" - This is another obscure one, but when I hear this question asked, I immediately go into a mini Ghostbusters monologue. And everyone who knows Ghostbusters, knows the answer to the question is, of course, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
5. "One, two, one, two" - This one is a two for one. Haha, get it. I totally accept pity laughs. So depending on how this line is uttered is what I think of to recite. If I hear it as it is written here, I immediately think of one of my favorite poems, The Jabberwocky, and the line, "One, two, one, two/ And through and through/ The vorpal blade went snicker snack/ And with its head he left it dead/ And went galumphing back."
And if I hear it like someone is counting, I start doing this:
So those are the five lines I recite randomly most often when triggered by certain phrases. I know you all have your own triggers as well, so feel free to share some of yours. And hopefully, I'll get back on the writing horse and start posting more frequently.