Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Golden Adams - Lifetime Achievement Award

About a month ago I wrote a post about bringing back the Lifetime Achievement Award from my ill-fated personal awards, The Golden Adams.  I didn't get many suggestions as far as who I should give the award to.  In fact, I only got one.  But I promised an award and an award I shall give!

When thinking about who I should bestow this prestigious honor, I wanted to make sure it was someone worthy and someone who might not otherwise get the recognition he or she deserves.  Then I saw the Bond at 50 celebration at The Oscars and realized it's time for someone to honor Bond with an award.  There were two actors, both who played henchmen, who I immediately thought of.  And I decided to go with the actor who co-starred in two Bond movies.  So without further ado, the Golden Adam Lifetime Achievement Award for 2013 is awarded to (drum roll, please)... Richard Kiel!


For those who don't know, Richard Kiel portrayed Jaws in both The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker. What you may not know is that Mr. Kiel also had appearances in TV shows such as I Dream of Jeannie, Gilligan's Island, and Starsky and Hutch.  He was also recently the voice of Vlad in Tangled.  As Jaws, he showed incredible acting range, portraying such varied emotions as anger, sadness, and even love.  That's right, only in a Bond movie can a henchman find love.  Mythbusters even tested a myth based on one his Bond appearances!  If he doesn't deserve a lifetime achievement award, I don't know who does.


Congrats to Richard Kiel on a career worthy of recognition!  Here's a high five from me and all your fans!


No comments:

Post a Comment