Thursday, February 7, 2013

Excitement to Disappointment in a Matter of Seconds

This post is dedicated to those moments when you get really excited about something only to be met with disappointment in a matter of seconds.  The items listed here are in no particular order.  Feel free to comment with your own moments or choose to agree or disagree with mine.

First, when you see that there is a baseball game on WGN and flip over only realize it's a White Sox game, not a Cubs game.  So disappointing.  The White Sox announcers might be the very worst in baseball, and even though the Cubs have been terrible lately, their games are more tolerable to watch than their south side neighbors.  I'm sure some of you are saying to just put the game on mute, but I grew up listening to Vin Scully.  I want to hear my announcers.

Next, seeing an episode of The A-Team on only to realize it's a season five episode.  Now, I'm a firm believer that The A-Team is the best TV show ever, but I will fully admit that season five was a disaster.  The addition of Frankie Dishpan and General Stockwell was a poor decision.

Next, sitting down to watch a James Bond marathon and realizing they are showing a string of Timothy Dalton and Pierce Brosnan Bonds.  I don't know why they even bother to show those movies.  They are terrible.  Goldeneye is acceptable, but that's the only one.  And even though I've seen the other Bond movies multiple times, I will continue to watch them because they are amazing.  I prefer not to have Dalton and Brosnan ruin my viewing.

And next up we have the sight of a hot girl.  But when that hot girl lights up a cigarette it is so disappointing.  I don't care how hot you are, if you smoke you have no chance with me.  Of course if she doesn't smoke I probably have no shot with her, but that's a story for another blog.

My next item involves Disneyland.  There's nothing better than walking up to the front gate at Disneyland.  And there's nothing worse than seeing the sign that Space Mountain is closed for the day.  Don't get me wrong, Disneyland is awesome no matter what, but it is a little less awesome when you can't ride Space Mountain.  The Matterhorn is only an adequate replacement.

Finally, we have that moment when you smell bacon somewhere and get so excited only to realize that it's not for you and you can't talk your way into getting it.  I think we can all relate to this one.

Again, feel free to agree or disagree and add your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment