Sunday, January 6, 2013

Return of the Golden Adams?

Well, it's movie awards season again!  Time to watch all the beautiful people strut their stuff on the red carpet  and give everybody's favorite cliched response, "I'm just happy to be nominated."  That sounded a little bitter didn't it?  But seriously, I like the awards season.  I like it even more when Natalie Portman shows up.  But that's a story for another blog.  So now the real reason for this post.

Back in high school and the beginning of college I started my own awards called the Golden Adams.  I had categories for Drama, Comedy, and Action.  I even had a website one year where people could go on and vote for who they thought should win.  Of course, the votes didn't really matter because I just picked who I wanted, but it was still fun.  Granted, I used to see a lot more movies back then which made the process easier.  This year I saw six movies in the theater.  That is actually a high number for me.  So the feasibility of restarting the awards is not very high.  However, I also started giving a lifetime achievement award.  Past winners included Michael Winslow of Police Academy fame, Tina Majorino of Andre fame, and Jonathan Ke Quan of Goonies and Temple of Doom fame.  As you can tell I like to recognize those who probably wouldn't normally get recognized.  I thought it would be fun to at least bring back the Lifetime Achievement Award as a way to continue the tradition.

Here are some people I think might be worthy of the recognition:
Fisher Stevens - star of Short Circuit and Short Circuit 2
Stephen Root - star of Office Space
Judge Reinhold - star of Fast Times at Ridgemont High and Beverly Hills Cop

But I want to hear from all of you, my loyal readers.  Who do you think should win the award?  Feel free to comment here or on Facebook.  I will announce the winner the week of the Academy Awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment