Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Simple Pleasures

Life is full of simple pleasures.  I try to enjoy them any chance I get.  Recently, I've had a craving for a nice ham and cheese sandwich.  That might sound silly to some of you, but for me a good sandwich is incomparable.  In fact, back in college I used to stick to a very strict lunch routine in which I made sandwiches every Wednesday and Sunday.  That helped me appreciate how good my sandwiches really were.  Now, I make sandwiches fairly frequently.  In short, I love them.  Unfortunately, I have been out of cheese for about a week.  One other thing you should know about me is that I'm very particular about my cheese.  I need to have Tillamook cheddar for my sandwiches.  Finally, yesterday I made it to the store to get some.  So today, I'm making the biggest, tastiest sandwich ever for lunch!  It's amazing how the simplest little thing can help brighten your day.  I'm sure all of you have simple pleasures that you may take for granted.  I challenge you to embrace those pleasures and let them enhance your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment