Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Game Show Ecstasy

Has anyone else noticed how stupidly excited people get when they win on game shows?  I mean, I understand that it is probably an exciting experience and believe me, it's something I would love to experience.  But some of the reactions I see just seem way over the top.  I guess if you win a million dollars you have the right to act however you want.  But if you win a steam shower on The Price is Right, try to temper your enthusiasm a little.  What exactly are you going to do with a steam shower anyway?  What even is a steam shower?  I can't foresee myself going that insane over winning something that I wouldn't even know what to do with.  But maybe it's simply the idea of winning that makes people go crazy.  It doesn't matter what they win, just that they won.  Winning is awesome.  And we live in a society that emphasizes winning.  As much as we want to say that winning isn't always important, it's how you play the game, we all know that simply isn't true.  People love winning.  People love winning so much, they don't even care what they win.  Even if it's a boat, a motorcycle, an ipod shuffle, or the Deal or No Deal Home Edition.  We feel special when we win and apparently most people have a hard time controlling their emotions when it happens.  I hope one day I have the opportunity to be on a game show and experience the winning that comes along with it, just to see how I might react.  Although, I can't seem to figure out how to actually get on a game show.  Where do you apply?  How do they find these people?  If anyone knows please let me know.  But for now, consider yourself a winner for reading this post.  So go crazy, right now.  Ok, that's enough.  We'll be right back after these commercial messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment