Thursday, July 28, 2011

We All Want Answers

I know it has been awhile since my last post, but I've been out of town.  I'll try to make up for it.

As I was leaving Barnes and Noble this afternoon, I noticed a book titled The Big Book of Answers.  My immediate response was, "Somebody stole my idea!"  You see back in high school I had the great idea of composing a book full of answers for people to reference.  It would even come in a pocket sized version so people could always keep it with them and never be lacking for an answer.  Now, granted, the answers you choose to give might not always be right, or even relevant, but at least you would always have an answer.  And let's face it, if you say something with enough confidence everybody will believe you.  I still think the book would be a great idea, but it appeared that someone else did as well.  So I fought past my anger, picked up the book at B&N, and looked inside.  And much to my relief, it was not like the book I had envisioned.  This book had specific questions that it attempted to answer, which defeats the purpose of my book entirely.  I want to create a book full of random answers that can be used universally for a wide array of questions.  This book apparently wants to answers questions which the author thinks people are interested in.  So for now, my idea is safe.  I just need to find someone else to buy into it.

1 comment: