Saturday, July 16, 2011

Harry Potter vs Star Wars

I've seen many posts this week about Harry Potter and the final movie being released in the theaters.  Understandably, many people are sad because this is it.  No more books, no more movies, nothing.  As a huge Star Wars fan, I can relate.  When Episode III was released and I knew this was the end, I was sad.  There weren't going to be any more Star Wars movies to see in the theaters.  What was I going to do with myself knowing they would never come.  At least before Episode I was announced there was the hope that they might make more.  But now, there was no more hope, just the end.  I can only imagine this must be what Harry Potter fans are going through.  But I can attest, the obsession doesn't stop just because the movies did.  I still watch every time any Star Wars movie is on TV, and I still question every little detail and find new things to appreciate.  In fact, my latest Star Wars kick is watching Chewie for his impeccable comedic timing.  He's hilarious and I never realized that as a kid.  So for all you Harry Potterites out there, don't fret.  Stay obsessed, stay passionate, and know that the movies and books will always be there and you will continue to find new and exciting ways to appreciate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment